Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kirby Heyborne


My friend Michelle invited me to the Dramagenics Improv Theater to see Kirby Heyborne perform. Now, if you don't know who he is he has appeared in such movies as The Singles Ward, The RM, Saints and Soldiers and The Best Two Years. He is also a singer/songwriter. I went to the theater where I was meeting Michelle and some of her other friends. I met her friend Lori and followed her inside. As we were walking to our seats I looked up and standing like a foot away was Kirby. He had already been talking to Lori so he said hi to her and then she said "This is Sara." He smiled and said, "Nice to meet you Sara." I went to shake his hand and he gave me a big hug. He was so nice and personable. We had front row seats and since it is a small theater we were right up next to the stage. We watched the improv show with him and the rest of the cast from Dramagenics. It was hilarious. What an amazing talent to be able to think that quick on your feet. There was one girl that looked and sounded like Tina Fey and she was HILARIOUS. After the improv, Kirby did a concert. Just him and his guitar. He was awesome. He talked to the audience and asked us questions. It was such a small setting that it felt like he was performing just for you. After the show he came off stage and talked to us, signed things and took pictures. He was super nice. Asked about us, was very gracious. It was a great night.

No comments: