Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Untitled

Can't think of a title for this blog so we'll just leave it as is. I was sitting here tonight...just a low-key at the Ebert house...working on some photos and listening to the rain outside when a song came on my iTunes shuffle. It was one of those songs that you've heard a dozen times, but for whatever reason this is time it left its impact. That's one of the things I love about music. Sometimes songs express what you can't.

In the past few years I have learned that a lot of things that I hold inside are due to experiences that I have had in my past. Recogni
zing it was 99% of the battle. The other 1% is still tucked in a tiny little box shoved in the back of my mind. I still open it from time to time. Still wonder what exactly the lesson was/is that I am supposed to learn from it all. Today was one of those days when I dusted off the box and took a peek inside. It never goes the way I think it will, but I will say that this time...this song helped put it in perspective. This is why I love music. It's nice to have something to help make sense of things sometimes!

Galileo's head was on the block

the crime was looking up for truth
and as the bombshells of my daily fears explode
I try to trace them to my youth

How long till my soul gets it right
can any human being ever reach that kind of light
I call on the resting soul of Galileo

king of night vision, king of insight

-Galileo by Indigo Girls

2 comments:

Rulon and Toni said...

I can relate with you Sara. Knowing how the past effects our present helps us change the future. Yet it is a life long pursuit, with no guarantee we ever figure it out. My guess is we just keep stumbling along hoping it is worth it somehow.
Toni

The Smith's said...

I love that song. I love that you love it too. :)