1. Let the River Run - Carly Simon - Growing up my parents ran several marathons. My dad would make tapes to run with and every few miles would have a song assigned to them. We'd sit in the car driving to a race and listen to these tapes. This song always makes me think of those times with my family.
2. Standing Outside the Fire - Garth Brooks - The year was 1996. It was the Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta. The Magnificent 7 won the 1st team gold medal for USA gymnastics. That moment changed me. Instantly I became hooked on gymnastics. I took lessons (obviously that didn't pan out into anything), I collected Wheaties boxes, I wrote fan letters and went to competitions. During the Olympics there was a video montage set to this song. We watched it multiple times as a family and since we taped it I watched it countless more times. This video can, without a doubt, make me cry within the first 20 seconds. Every time I hear this song I am taken back to the 13 year old sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes watching those gymnasts get their gold medals.
3. Forever Young - Rod Stewart - My parents put the lyrics to this song in my senior yearbook as my senior tribute. The lyrics always had an effect and to me it felt like a special connection between my parents and I.
4. She's in Love with a Boy - Trisha Yearwood - Saturday morning cleaning at our house always included this song. My mom would sing along and it's a very fond memory that I have of her.
5. With Arms Wide Open - Creed - It's the classic story. Girl dates boy. Apparently boy is also dating another girl. The first girl finds out about it when the boy dedicates song on the radio to the second girl. Girl breaks up with boy. The end.
6. - 500 Miles - The Proclaimers - A favorite memory of mine from when I went to EA was dancing like a complete buffoon to this song with my friend Emelle.
7. At the Beginning - Donna Lewis & Richard Marx - Classic story part 2. Girl meets boy. Boy and girl fall in love. Boy proposes to girl. Boy and girl get married and this is their song. Girl especially likes when boy sings the song to her.
8. Give a Little - Hanson - There are few moments in my life that I can look back on and pinpoint that at that exact moment I was completely happy. When I heard this song live was one of those times.
9. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie - I heard this song a few years ago and from the first verse I was hooked. Death Cab for Cutie is one of my all time favorite groups.
10. Soldier - Gavin DeGraw - My favorite song changes almost on a daily basis. Today it's this.