Monday, March 21, 2011

Student-isms...

Students did a writing sample today. Here are some of their thoughts.

I'm going to chase butterflies and bee's, but don't worry I will let them all go.

I have a cunfy bed. It is cunfy. My blanket is cunfy. My pillow is cunfy. Everything on my bed is cunfy. (cunfy = comfy. Maybe we'll start learning some more synonyms)

I like to go swimming at the 'bich'
(took me a second...and a sigh of relief to realize he meant beach. Note to self: Don't just pick out single words. Read in context.)

I have a rooster. It pecked my hand. I do not like my rooster.

I am going to play my 'pee S pee'
(PlayStation Portable aka PSP. Note to self: Next week's lesson. Acronyms.)


One of my students informed me today that he could not go outside for recess. When I asked him why, he said that when the trees looked like wipers on the car from the wind, then he had asthma and couldn't play outside. I said that was fine and he continued to tell me that he learned that from his doctor and that his doctor also told him that he needs to watch his fats. Trying my hardest to hold in my laughter ( I didn't realize I was a teacher to a 50 year old man) I asked what he meant by that and he said that if you look at nutrition there are fats and he needs to watch them and eat healthy. I told him that yes, eating healthy was very important...then I walked into the next room and burst out laughing.

1 comment:

paul and lacy ebert said...

I never get tierd of these!!!