Saturday, September 29, 2012

1 of 2

I wrote two posts this morning.  One was in regards to a conversation that Andy and I had last night, but I'm not really up to posting it yet.  The other one was this one.

I am teaching in Young Women's on Sunday.  The lesson was supposed to be another one about food and nutrition, which is great and important...don't get me wrong, but I just felt like it wasn't what I should teach on.  Based off a little experience we had in class a couple weeks ago and my own feelings, I decided that I wanted to teach on gratitude.  I have been really down for the past few months and have moments of feeling sorry for myself.  In looking up stuff for this lesson I came across this quote.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't
learn a lot today, at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get
sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so,
let us all be thankful. -Buddha

I wanted the lesson to focus on showing gratitude for the small things.
 These are some of the things I am thankful for today.

1. My new phone.    2. Editing my brothers wedding pictures and finding things that make me smile.
3. Random pictures sent by a friend that make me laugh.  4.  Sweet pictures of my new nephew.     
5. LDS.org       6.  Mumford & Sons new album.    7.  A nice text.      8.  A new shelf for school.  
  9. Yummy tacos.    10.  Acting goofy with Andy.


No comments: